Monday, October 4, 2010

Moved In


So I finally made it into my apartment...this week has been full of paperwork, logistical stuff, immigration offices...and it's only Monday! I had some trouble on Friday evening when my credit card was eaten by an ATM-----never use a Caisse Espargne ATM!!-----but thank you Wachovia for sending my replacement so quickly! I just got it in the mail this morning.

BUT my apartment is really charming (minus the screaming baby that lives below us, but I can live with that; I have to be up early for work anyway). My roommates are two Spanish girls, one from Seville and one from Barcelona, and Esther from Boston. It's kind of frustrating living in a city like Marseille because it isn't safe to go out on my own at night, but we're doing a pretty good job of going out together, or other assistants walking each other home after it's dark. It's strange...I don't think I've ever felt so blonde. Most Marseillais are north african immigrants, so I kind of stick out around here. That's why walking around alone at night is so dangerous for me in particular.

I don't have internet right now, so I have to go to McDonalds every time I want to check my email...I don't think I've been to McDonalds so often in my life (not counting 2am drive thru runs). But I really am that gross american that goes to macdo's all the time! Hopefully, we should be getting the wireless in our apt hooked up by Wednesday.......hopefully. There's so much paperwork and forms flying around right now that it's hard to keep things straight.

Man, I miss everybody so much...the other night I went up to Notre Dame (it's up on a big hill in Marseille) and watched the sunset. it was so gorgeous I wanted everyone to watch it with everyone I missed! In any case, I'm usually on Skype at macdo's in the evenings (well, my evening time) so chat me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment