Thursday, October 14, 2010

Celebrity Encounter


Marseille is feeling more like home now...yesterday I went to IKEA and got a few things to cozy up my apartment (namely, a bedspread because the blanket my proprietor gave me is really janky). I finally got a schedule from my high school to start work this coming week...and SCORE I might only be working 3 days a week! So up until now I've just been on vacation, really. Then after less than a week of working I go on vacation for the Toussaint holiday (it's like fall break in France) until November 4. It's true, the French really don't work ever. But I NEED to share this awesome story with everyone: last Friday night I was out at a club called Trolleybus (I giggle every time I say it in a french accent...) with some French friends and saw these 8 foot tall guys speaking in veerrrrry american english. Then one starts trying to talk to me and I tell him I'm from the States. Turns out these guys are the HARLEM GLOBE TROTTERS. That's right. They were doing a show on Saturday night in Marseille and I was lucky enough to party with them on Friday! I felt like a celebrity rockstar for a few hours hanging out with them....until it was too far past my bedtime to care anymore how cool they were. So there's my first celebrity encounter in the south of France...let's hope the next one is James Marsden. Or Patrick Stewart. Or pretty much any gozillionaire with a boat (NOT Forrest Gump...)

For now I'm looking forward to starting at my schools--they're giving us a welcome lunch on Monday, then I actually start on Wednesday--then Grandma's coming a week after that! Be on the lookout for some postcards...if I don't have your address then you won't get one. If you want one, send me your address!

OH and here's a photo of my roommates at the beach: (from left) Esther, [me], Maria, Ana, and Julia (except she's not our roommate)

No comments:

Post a Comment