Monday, September 27, 2010

Les Calanques



If you guys have never heard of the calanques in the south of France, then you are missing out! I made friends the other night with a guy that works at our hostel who told me that if I wanted to go to a real beach in Marseille, then I had to see these. So we (Michele has come to visit me for a few days, and the two English folks I met) took a bus toward the beach, then hiked down a mountain to this fantastic spot and swam in the mer. This photo is of the calanque we went to, la calanque de sugiton. And you think that the colors in these touristy photos are doctored somehow, but they're totally real. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Tonight Miche and I are going to a french play at a local theatre (apparently the theatre in Marseille is pretty popular); it's a comedie about a common marseillais divorce. I hope I can understand most of it! But I'm getting my bearings in this city more and more every day. I can't get over the fact that I get to stay here!

1 comment:

  1. That water is amazing. I'm extremely jealous.
    Hope you're having a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete