Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I made it!


Between 5 cities, 3 planes, a taxi and 4 hours of sleep I MADE IT! I can't check into my hostel yet, so I'm killing time in the common room until 3pm. I feel like I should be exploring the city or something, but I'm so travel-weary that's probably not the best idea...I might walk down to the Vieux Port in a little bit (that's the Old Port in Marseille; it's the port you see in most photos <--- of Marseille with all the sailboats crowding it). I had only seen it in photos before, then my taxi turned a corner and there it was!


It's strange traveling by myself; showing up in another country knowing nobody. At least I'm in a hostel for this first week so I can meet people. Unfortunately, if I don't get rid of this jetlag soon then I'm not going to be much fun. BUT there's no super-exciting stories to tell yet; I just got here...so more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it over here ok! Let me know when you have a free weekend, cause I would love to come visit!

    ReplyDelete